Welcome to Trust~Worthy News

Welcome to Trust~Worthy News! Trust Quartet is excited to bring you this blog as an insight to the ministry and members of Trust Quartet. Clicking on the picture of the group below will direct you to the group's website, www.trustquartet.com. Receive an e-mail notice whenever we post here by submitting your e-mail address in the space to the right, just below the picture.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tribute Quartet in Vero Beach

Tribute Quartet
As is well documented in my TrustWorthy News blog, I enjoy attending southern gospel concerts. Usually when I am able to attend one, I write about it and just let my readers know what I thought.

The church in Vero Beach known for hosting southern gospel groups has started their 2013-14 season, and this past Friday night was my first opportunity to go. This concert has been circled on my calendar for months! The group? Tribute Quartet. In fact, I told tenor singer Riley Harrison Clark after the concert this is one that is marked that I do NOT miss!

I relayed this story to baritone singer Josh Singletary and bass singer Anthony Davis, as well as lead singer and manager Gary Casto: The first time I attended a Tribute Quartet concert, I had never heard of the group. It was at this same church in Vero and I pointed to a seat in the back corner where I sat that night. I recounted that I was angry that night (for the reason I cannot recall) and had the attitude, with my arms folded, 'Bless me if you can, guys!' I looked each of them in the eye, and told them, 'You did, and I've been a Tribute fan ever since!'

I have been following southern gospel music for the better part of 35-40 years, and this group ranks in the top five of my favorites of all time. Ladies and gentlemen, that list would include the Cathedrals, Nelons, some of GVB's lineups. These guys are the real deal!

This particular concert included some of my absolute favorite Tribute songs like Outside the Gate, That's Why I Love Him So, and Through Me the Cross Lives On. What I wasn't expecting was an arrangement of How Great Thou Art that blew me away. And as I mentioned to Josh on Facebook Monday, I sang Look For Me all the way to Miami and back Sunday.

There was some particularly moving parts of the concert Friday night. In fact, Gary mentioned it from the stage this was not a normal Tribute concert. Riley, the 'baby' of the group, talked more than usual. That was a good thing, because his reminders to the audience that God is still God was obviously what was needed on this night. Tears flowed as the group led the congregation in singing that chorus, He Loves Me. What a reminder that the God of the Universe who created all there is ~~ loves us.

We laughed (if you've not attended a Tribute concert, I'm living proof it can NOT be done without smiling!), we cried, we shouted, we lifted hands to Heaven ~ and not to say all those are needed elements of worship ~ we worshiped Friday night! I'm not a fan of the phrase, God showed up, because He's already omnipresent, but I think it is safe to say that those who attended allowed God to move among us in a mighty way.

If you ever have the opportunity to attend a Tribute Quartet concert, do yourself a favor and do it. When you hear about it in your area, circle your calendar and let nothing stand in the way! You will not regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment