Welcome to Trust~Worthy News

Welcome to Trust~Worthy News! Trust Quartet is excited to bring you this blog as an insight to the ministry and members of Trust Quartet. Clicking on the picture of the group below will direct you to the group's website, www.trustquartet.com. Receive an e-mail notice whenever we post here by submitting your e-mail address in the space to the right, just below the picture.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

John Daunt Promoted

John Daunt
I just received a phone call from Buzz this morning at 8:09. It was not the phone call I wanted to receive. In fact, when I sat at my computer this morning I was going to write to ask you to pray for John Daunt. Now, I'm asking you to pray for his wife, Pat. John went to be with the Lord this morning. I have no other details at this time. More will come later when I have the opportunity to gather them.

John and Pat have been vital members of the Trust Quartet family for many years. Pat, of course, does the majority of our scheduling and promotions. John, as Buzz has said many times, was "the other set of feet out from under the bus." If there was anything that needed to be done, John was there to volunteer to get it done. I couldn't tell you the number of times he would go back to the bus during a sound check to grab water bottles for us, or help us lug in the equipment, and he was always willing to help set it up and tear it down. John drove us many smooth miles up and down the roads to various churches ~ safely.

John and Pat made special trips to Florida that are memorable to me right now. In October 2011, they came down specifically to drive us back up to Georgia for a weekend. They didn't have to do that. But they knew we needed the extra help for such a trip. They did the same thing this past Labor Day. We knew then he wasn't well. We knew there was something wrong, but they came. I'm sure glad they did! As history will be written, that was the last time we were able to see John. Our lives are richer for having him as a friend. Now, Heaven is richer for he is there with Jesus.

More details will be coming as we know them; but I wanted to get this out now and ask you to pray for Pat and the rest of the Daunt family. And, as you're praying for them, please remember the Trust family as well. That was an extended part of John and Pat's family.

No comments:

Post a Comment