Welcome to Trust~Worthy News

Welcome to Trust~Worthy News! Trust Quartet is excited to bring you this blog as an insight to the ministry and members of Trust Quartet. Clicking on the picture of the group below will direct you to the group's website, www.trustquartet.com. Receive an e-mail notice whenever we post here by submitting your e-mail address in the space to the right, just below the picture.

Monday, November 11, 2013

Salute!

November 11 is a day in these United States that has been set aside as a day to honor the veterans of our military. Unfortunately, it's one of the lesser known holidays. In fact, I wanted to learn a little more about it, so I did what most people do today when they want to find out about something ~ I Googled it. Google directed me to many different sites, but I felt the most trustworthy (no pun intended) to look into was the official one. Here's a link for you to check out for yourself.

I have a great respect for our military and those who have served. When I was in high school, I gave thought to becoming a member of the US Air Force. Through a various maze of events, I did not enlist and went to college instead. Our Air Force is probably better off!

The biggest reason to post a blog about Veteran's Day on the Trust-Worthy News is to pay tribute to our own. While I don't have all the particulars regarding years of service, etc. I can tell you that both Buzz and Spence are military vets. I enjoy listening to some of their stories from those years. Those are experiences that, in one sense, I cannot relate to. Yet, as an American, I relate to them very well because they help shape who we are as a Nation. I don't think either of them were in wartime combat, but that doesn't matter. They still took the oath of service and gave themselves in the event that became necessary.

I suppose we all have people in our lives who are military veterans. Today, my hat's off to those men and women who have served our country with honor and dignity. I salute those who have given of themselves to guarantee our freedoms. Thank you isn't enough; but sometimes that's the best we can do. Be encouraged through the various events of today that you thank a vet. Pay for his lunch, grab the tab for that cup of coffee, let him in the front of the line. They deserve all this and much more! Along this line, I just got a text message from Beverly ~ Buzz gets a free meal at Golden Corral as a veteran. Way to go GC, and Buzz ~ eat an extra bowl of banana pudding for me, will you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment