Welcome to Trust~Worthy News

Welcome to Trust~Worthy News! Trust Quartet is excited to bring you this blog as an insight to the ministry and members of Trust Quartet. Clicking on the picture of the group below will direct you to the group's website, www.trustquartet.com. Receive an e-mail notice whenever we post here by submitting your e-mail address in the space to the right, just below the picture.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Reflections

November 6, 2010 was a cold morning in Homeland, FL. No, really, it was COLD! Even Buzz says it was cold, so it was meat-hanging weather! I remember that because that was my very first concert with Trust
Trust Quartet on that cold November day in Homeland.
Quartet. The picture at the right is a bit blurry because of the resolution, but that's Gary Franklin, Buzz, myself, and Spence drinking hot chocolate and trying to stay warm that day. Yeah, it's been three years since I became a member of the Trust family.

That first concert was a Saturday morning concert and it was an outdoor event. The church was having a fall festival for the kids and the community and we were singing in the yard using a flat bed trailer as a stage. Not only was it cold, but the wind was blowing. The wind blew so hard, our product table was a healthy mess and one of our main speakers blew over onto one of our monitors. And so my time with Trust began.

We had three concerts that weekend. Incidentally, I love three concert weekends ~ especially if Jeff is there to load in and out for us! (Jeff, you knew I had to slide something like that in there!) I remember we were at Homeland Baptist Church, the Basinger Christian Brethren Church, and First Church of the Nazarene in Okeechobee that weekend. I've had the good fortune of being back to Homeland and Basinger multiple times since then. In fact, there have been several venues that I've been to multiple times.

It's going back to those places again and again that helps build great friendships and relationships with those we have grown to love. The friends of Trust Quartet are now my friends, too.

But this past weekend, we had the opportunity to be in a couple of churches for the very first time. It's these churches that are awesome because we can make new friends! On Sunday morning, we were at Central Baptist Church in Port St. Lucie. This church is just a slice of Heaven! It is multi-cultural, multi-racial, and all about loving Jesus! When Spence asked them to sing along with him as he sang It Is No Secret ~ they sang! I told him after the concert I almost interrupted him and told him to be quiet and listen to the congregation sing! (Yes, I REALLY thought that, and yes, I REALLY told him so!) It was such a joy to be with those dear folks, and I believe we made some genuine friends there.

We left there and went to West Melbourne to be with the folks at Heritage Baptist Church. They celebrated their sixth anniversary Sunday, and it was such a privilege to celebrate with them. They have turned a former residence into a church facility with plans to add and build on. It's a good thing, because if Sunday morning was any indication, they need to build in a hurry! The place was packed with folks of all ages! Let me tell you, they love to sing, too! I really enjoyed our time with those dear folks and the fellowship we had together. It was so good to see Tom and Peggy Ridley at the concert as well as some other friends as well. I only single them out because they have been such good friends of Trust Quartet through the years. 

Trust Quartet today
Yes, I've been with Trust now for three years; but Buzz and Beverly will be celebrating the Big 2-0 in February of 2014! That will be here before we know it. Many details will be coming soon about our Twentieth Anniversary Celebration. We look forward to seeing you there!

I'm grateful for the opportunity to be a part of the Trust Family. I'm grateful, too, for the opportunity to have met many of you through these last few years. Let's look forward to a few more and meeting many more new friends!  

No comments:

Post a Comment