Welcome to Trust~Worthy News

Welcome to Trust~Worthy News! Trust Quartet is excited to bring you this blog as an insight to the ministry and members of Trust Quartet. Clicking on the picture of the group below will direct you to the group's website, www.trustquartet.com. Receive an e-mail notice whenever we post here by submitting your e-mail address in the space to the right, just below the picture.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Singing With Robert!

He first caught my attention during our sound check Sunday morning. Then, when I went to Sunday school class, there he was again. I sat behind him, and throughout the Sunday school time, I found myself observing him. I learned his name is Robert. I watched how he interacted with others in the room much older than he. I listened as he shared prayer requests for those he was concerned about. I listened to how several in the room mentioned his love for music. After all, that's why I had the occasion to be there ~ Trust Quartet would be singing during their worship service that morning.

I watched as Robert and his family left the room and went to take their place in the sanctuary and prepare for worship. They sat on the very back row, left side. Smiles rarely left their faces, even through some of their tears of joy as we sang Because He Lives, Treasures Unseen, and Sinner Saved By Grace. What really caught my heart, though, was his response to the very last song we sang. This particular song speaks of going home to see Jesus. As I introduce the song, I'm reminded (so I remind those listening) that life as we know it can be hard. It can be riddled with pain, suffering, and disappointment. There are things we may not understand as we walk through life here, but one day soon, we'll be home with Jesus. Life as we know it is almost over. Those of us who know Christ as our Savior will soon be able to worship Him in all His glory! As we sang It's Almost Over, Robert and his mom, through tears, were smiling from ear to ear! They both had their hands raised in worship of the Almighty God who loved them and was waiting to welcome them to that reward!

You see, Robert is confined to a wheelchair. I don't know all his physical ailments, but I know from his testimony that he loves Jesus with everything he's got! One day, he's not going to be bound to that wheelchair! One day, he's not going to have trouble communicating with those around him. One day, Robert will be able to stand and sing in the Heavenly choir! And for the record, I'm looking forward to joining him!

No comments:

Post a Comment