Welcome to Trust~Worthy News

Welcome to Trust~Worthy News! Trust Quartet is excited to bring you this blog as an insight to the ministry and members of Trust Quartet. Clicking on the picture of the group below will direct you to the group's website, www.trustquartet.com. Receive an e-mail notice whenever we post here by submitting your e-mail address in the space to the right, just below the picture.

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Circle the Date!

I love football! In fact, sports in general is pretty high on my priority list. Especially when I have a chance to go to a game and watch it live. The local high school football team is undefeated this season and Friday night opened the first round of the playoffs - at home. I'm not sure who sat in my seat on the 48 yard line, 12 rows up for Round 1, though. Friday night, November 14 had been circled on my calendar for quite some time for a different reason. Tribute Quartet was coming to town!

The first time I went to a Tribute Quartet concert, I was not in the best of moods. I remember sitting in the back of the auditorium with my arms folded, as if to say, "Bless me if you can." I went away that night impressed. I went back the next year, and the next. This is at least the fourth or fifth Tribute Quartet concert I've attended at the little Baptist church just down the street from my home. This time, I was on the front row!

Gary Casto, Josh Singletary, Steve, Anthony Davis, Riley Harrison Clark
Tribute Quartet brings an infectious energy and enthusiasm to their concerts. After the concert was over, and I was talking to lead singer / manager Gary Casto, I told him how sometimes as a minister you are constantly in the giving mode during a service. Whether singing or preaching, it can be very emotionally draining. Tonight, it was so good to be able to be ministered to! I left the concert rejoicing that God is still God! God hasn't changed; He's still in control and He's still on the throne! It seemed like over and over with the songs that were sung or the testimonies that were shared, God was speaking directly to me with His still, small voice, "It's OK. I've got your back. I'm going to carry you through the difficult times. I'm going to help you carry your load."

It was so good to be able to visit with Gary, Josh, Anthony, and Riley tonight. If Tribute Quartet is ever anywhere close to you, you owe it to yourself to go hear them. You absolutely will not regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment