Welcome to Trust~Worthy News

Welcome to Trust~Worthy News! Trust Quartet is excited to bring you this blog as an insight to the ministry and members of Trust Quartet. Clicking on the picture of the group below will direct you to the group's website, www.trustquartet.com. Receive an e-mail notice whenever we post here by submitting your e-mail address in the space to the right, just below the picture.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

What Its All About

God has been so good to Trust Quartet! Over the course of the last few weeks, we've seen the incredible hand of God working in our services.

There have been several people showing interest in becoming Christ-followers. We're sure hopeful they are following through with those desires and commitments to Him. This past week, in a sparsely attended setting, a young lady, 18 years old, decided she needed to recommit her life to Christ.

I'd met this young lady at a previous couple of concerts, and have been impressed with her openness about serving God. She was involved in a pretty serious auto accident the Sunday before we were at her church. When she showed Spence and me the pictures of her vehicle, and heard her say she only got one little piece of glass in her finger, I was amazed! It was only by the grace of God that she simply walked away from that accident!

As we sang that morning, it was hard not to watch her. As I mentioned, the crowd was a bit low. It was easy to watch everybody! When the invitation was given, there was no response ~~ at first. We were just about to pray the benediction, when a voice behind me spoke up. "I know we've already gone past it, but can I still rededicate my life to Christ?" There were more than a few sobs I heard from those sitting around me as this young lady got up from her seat and went to the front of this little church and recommitted her life to Christ. My throat was getting a bit lumpy, too!

After lunch, I had the opportunity to sit and talk with her. I had driven my own car to the concert due to the location, so I had the time after the loading work was done. Listening to how this young lady is responding to her life situations encouraged me. I'm looking forward to going back to that little church outside Okeechobee and seeing how this young lady is continuing to respond to God's plan for her life.

That's why we do what we do. For Trust Quartet, it's far more than singing a few songs and packing up and going to the next place. We know God can do incredible things in the lives of His people. We simply want to be used by Him to encourage those with whom we come in contact to lock in to His purpose for them!

Will you help us pray for more people like this young lady? Will you help us point people to Jesus? This, friend, is what it's all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment