Welcome to Trust~Worthy News

Welcome to Trust~Worthy News! Trust Quartet is excited to bring you this blog as an insight to the ministry and members of Trust Quartet. Clicking on the picture of the group below will direct you to the group's website, www.trustquartet.com. Receive an e-mail notice whenever we post here by submitting your e-mail address in the space to the right, just below the picture.

Friday, May 16, 2014

Trust Concerts in Georgia

Trust Quartet is about ready to board the bus and head for Georgia. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! All three stops this weekend are in churches that are very special to me.

Saturday night, we'll be with Cedar Springs Free Will Baptist Church just outside Blakely, GA. My dad pastored this church back in the 70s, and I was fortunate to pastor the church at the turn of the century. The concert is scheduled to begin at 7 PM. Please pray for the pastor, Keith Horn and his family. I received a call from him earlier Thursday and he will not be able to attend. He is on his way to conduct the funeral of his uncle in Ohio.

Sunday morning, we'll be with the Bellview Free Will Baptist Church outside Colquitt. This is Bellview's annual Homecoming Day and it traditionally is a huge day for them. My dad pastored this church back in the 60s-70s and they've graciously asked me to come back to preach Homecoming 2014. They wanted Trust to come provide the music. What an honor to be able to be there for this special day! Their current pastor, Royce Horne was a college classmate of mine, so I'm looking forward to visiting with he and his wife as well. The quartet will be singing at 10AM in lieu of the Sunday School hour and I'll be preaching during the 11AM Worship service.

Sunday evening, we'll be with the Midway Free Will Baptist Church in Moultrie. My dad grew up in the Moultrie area and there are still lots of family here. In fact, this was the first church my dad pastored when he graduated Bible College. I wasn't around then, but I did work at this church back in the 80s when I was very young in the ministry as well. I led the music and youth here, so I'm looking forward to going back.

Since these churches are all close to our family's heart, it will be good to see lots of family members this weekend. Some will be driving great distances to help celebrate. Please pray that God would do a mighty work in these three concerts!

No comments:

Post a Comment