Welcome to Trust~Worthy News

Welcome to Trust~Worthy News! Trust Quartet is excited to bring you this blog as an insight to the ministry and members of Trust Quartet. Clicking on the picture of the group below will direct you to the group's website, www.trustquartet.com. Receive an e-mail notice whenever we post here by submitting your e-mail address in the space to the right, just below the picture.

Friday, June 21, 2013

Hide Thou Me

If you've been to a recent Trust Quartet concert, you've likely heard me talk about having a bad day ~ a bad week ~ a bad month ~ or even that bad month all in one day! It's one of the ways I've found to help communicate God's ever present love and care for His children, and how we can pray through those days.

Well, Steve, take a good dose of your own advice, buddy! That has been what I've been saying all afternoon  to myself. To be sure, I've been a bit giddy about this weekend. I'm not a grizzled veteran of the studio yet. I've done a few sessions, but its still a cool experience for me and I genuinely look forward to that type of work. (Yes, it IS work!)

Oh well, back to the advice. Last night was a rough night at work. I laid down to take a nap and couldn't sleep. I'm not sure if it was the thunder outside or the fact that I am so giddy about the studio.

I've had a battle with some arthritis in my knee the last few weeks. I had a doctor appointment scheduled to talk about that this afternoon. The doctor wasn't as much thinking about talking as he was shooting. He shot me up with medicine to help my knee. Have I ever mentioned my disdain for needles? Nope, don't like 'em. You will never, and I do mean NEVER hear of me doing any sort of illegal drugs, ESPECIALLY if they have anything to do with  needles!

And the rain. Did I mention the rain today? When I went to get into my car, still raining, I discovered the drivers seat was wet. No, the windows didn't get left down. I have no clue where the water leaked from, but the back of my pants show evidence of a leak somewhere in my vehicle! Oh, and the power windows that are so convenient ~ yes, those. They aren't so convenient when the motor is out and its raining.

That reminds me. The air conditioning is out on my car. It's late June in southern Florida. Not quite so bad when at least three of the windows can be rolled down. Oh, did I mention the rain? Uh huh, rain and windows rolled down aren't a good combination.

Please, PLEASE understand; I'm not writing this for a pity party. In fact, I'm hoping you can see a bit of humor through the sarcasm that's here. The honest to goodness reason I'm writing this is to remind you that we in the Trust Quartet family know what it's like to be human. We know what it's like to struggle sometimes. We experience the same heartaches along with some of the same victories that you do. And when we have these kinds of days, it helps us to be reminded to pray to the Lord, to Hide Thou Me.


No comments:

Post a Comment