Welcome to Trust~Worthy News

Welcome to Trust~Worthy News! Trust Quartet is excited to bring you this blog as an insight to the ministry and members of Trust Quartet. Clicking on the picture of the group below will direct you to the group's website, www.trustquartet.com. Receive an e-mail notice whenever we post here by submitting your e-mail address in the space to the right, just below the picture.

Friday, September 27, 2013

Simple Faith From the Front Side

Recently I had the opportunity to hear our friends, Simple Faith and since I often write about various concerts I attend, I thought I would do the same for this one. This one, though, was a bit different. Simple Faith is from the St. Petersburg area and Trust Quartet knows them well. In fact, they are some very dear friends. Because Spence lives closer to them, he's had many more opportunities to hear them in concert, but since I live on the eastern side of Florida, I do not have the opportunity to hear them as often. I thought as I drove to the service that I had not seen them in just a Simple Faith concert. Most of the times we are together are either POPCORN concerts or other events with other groups. In many of those settings, we are on stage with them while they are singing.

I arrived at the church in eager anticipation of a great night of music. Jerry, Jeff, Michael, and Ron did not disappoint! From the first song to the last, they led the congregation to worship the God of Heaven. I especially appreciated the way they invited those listening to know the Jesus they were singing about. I also appreciated their kindness in introducing me and acknowledging Trust Quartet.

After the concert, they invited me to go along to Sonny's to grab a bite to eat. If you know me, you know they didn't have to twist my arm very much for that one!  It was good to sit, relax and fellowship with them for a bit. It was also nice to meet the music director at the Palm Bay Baptist Church and her mother. As result of that opportunity, you can hear Trust Quartet at the Palm Bay Baptist Church in June, 2014!

As I mentioned, all the previous times I've heard Simple Faith, we've shared the stage. Again, because of POPCORN concerts, most of the time I've not been able to see their faces while they sing. Trust me when I say, THEY LOOK MUCH BETTER FROM THE FRONT SIDE!!!

I told them that that night and we had a good laugh. If you ever hear of Simple Faith being in your area, you owe it to yourself to go and hear them. You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment