Welcome to Trust~Worthy News

Welcome to Trust~Worthy News! Trust Quartet is excited to bring you this blog as an insight to the ministry and members of Trust Quartet. Clicking on the picture of the group below will direct you to the group's website, www.trustquartet.com. Receive an e-mail notice whenever we post here by submitting your e-mail address in the space to the right, just below the picture.

Monday, July 1, 2013

Concerts Rescheduled

Wow, what a week! If you regularly keep up with this blog of Trust Quartet happenings, you'll remember that we spent the next to the last weekend  in June in the recording studio. I'll write a bit more about that in an update about the newest recording project, Going Home.

For my family, we're coming off a difficult week. In my best Ricky Ricardo imitation, "Let me 'splain." My wife was sick Tuesday night, so she took Wednesday off work. She didn't feel like she was getting any better, so she went to the doctor. Long story shortened, by Thursday evening, she was having surgery that hadn't been planned. I say it that way because it wasn't necessarily a life or death emergency surgery, but it was somewhat of an emergency surgery so that it would not become a life or death thing.

In any event, that caused a bit of an unplanned upheaval to our week. Realizing that I needed to take care of family matters here, Buzz contacted the churches in Hernando where we were to sing this weekend and everyone graciously consented to reschedule them.

As it turns out, it worked best for at least one of the two churches to reschedule and it does, in fact, work well for Trust to reschedule. We were going to be in that general area on Labor Day anyway, and now we're able to simply insert two more concerts into that weekend.

I tried to get out the word via this blog as soon as we knew about it, and I honestly hope no one was too inconvenienced with the change. Trust me when I say, it was not something we wanted to do. I do sincerely thank those involved in the decision, though.

Since I mentioned it, let me also thank you for praying for my wife. She is out of the hospital and on the mend, now. There will be a bit of an extensive recovery period, but we are grateful for a tremendous support system as well as brothers and sisters lifting her needs to the Ultimate Physician.

Be watching in the next day or so for an update to our recording project. Until then, my friend . . . keep on singing!

No comments:

Post a Comment