Welcome to Trust~Worthy News

Welcome to Trust~Worthy News! Trust Quartet is excited to bring you this blog as an insight to the ministry and members of Trust Quartet. Clicking on the picture of the group below will direct you to the group's website, www.trustquartet.com. Receive an e-mail notice whenever we post here by submitting your e-mail address in the space to the right, just below the picture.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Browns ~ Great Concert

The plan was to have my bags packed for the weekend Trust trip, go to the Brown's concert on my way to work the overnight shift. Since we were planning to pull out early, I would leave from work and head straight to the bus to sleep a few hours before setting up for the concert Saturday night.  

I got to the church about 45 minutes before the concert was scheduled to begin. As I approached the church, I noticed there were already a lot of cars in the parking lot. I knew it would be this way. I had planned to arrive a few minutes earlier, but just could not get things caught up in time to leave. In fact, I almost stopped to ask the parking attendants if there were any seats left in the building.

Approaching the church door, I peered inside and it looked packed. I walked inside and my thoughts were confirmed. It was packed! I stood toward the back of the room and looked around to see where an empty spot might be. Believe me, they were few and far between. Only needing one chair, I began toward the front determined I'd sit in the first one that was available. May I say there is truth to the statement that the back seats go first? Yes siree, I wound up on the front row! I hate it when that happens! (Sarcasm FULLY intended!) The only problem with this front row seat was that it was on the side ailse instead of the center.

I've heard the Browns on the radio and read about them online and in magazines, but this was the first opportunity I had to see them in concert. They sang several songs that were originally theirs. Their latest song that is on the Singing News chart is written by the youngest of the Browns, 17 year-old Adam, titled, Beautiful Day. If you have the opportunity to purchase their music, this one song would be worth it.

One thing I truly appreciated about this family group is their singing some of the older songs. They put a fresh touch on many songs like Great Is Thy Faithfulness (combining with Majesty for an incredible medley), I'll Fly Away, Wonderful Grace of Jesus, and It Will Be Worth It All. And friends, let me say when they finished It Will Be Worth It All and started quietly singing Going Home a cappella, this Free Will Baptist boy just about came outta my seat!

On a personal note, Going Home was one of the songs I would sing with my dad and sister while we were growing up. It's still one that my sister and I sing whenever we're together. That may be one reason I love to sing It's Almost Over so much. Songs about Heaven just never get old!

I tweeted earlier this evening, "...the Browns are getting me amped for Trust's weekend!" I was encouraged this evening by their music and the presentation. If you are able to go to a Browns concert, I'd encourage you to do that ~ as long as you're not choosing them over Trust!  ;)

Hey, if you're in the Bradenton or Lakeland areas this weekend, be sure to come see us along with Gulf State and Simple Faith at our POPCORN Concerts. Check the website for all the information. If you can't be with us in person, please lift us to the Father in prayer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment