Welcome to Trust~Worthy News

Welcome to Trust~Worthy News! Trust Quartet is excited to bring you this blog as an insight to the ministry and members of Trust Quartet. Clicking on the picture of the group below will direct you to the group's website, www.trustquartet.com. Receive an e-mail notice whenever we post here by submitting your e-mail address in the space to the right, just below the picture.

Monday, September 17, 2012

A Cat-Nap on the Bus

Many of you know by now that I work the midnight shift at a hotel. I was a bit nervous about doing that when I first started. That is due in large part to a failed attempt at being a security officer some 15 years prior to this job. I didn't handle staying awake when the sun was down on a regular basis very well. But quite honestly, it doesn't bother me now. Perhaps its because back then it was not as consistent in working overnights with maybe an afternoon or morning mixed in. Now, I'm working midnights and I know that's what my schedule is. Even still, though, if the other part of my day is different and the routine is disturbed or changed, it does not bode well with my body clock. This past weekend, I chose to get some other work done on Friday instead of taking a nap as I normally do. So, although I slept REAL GOOD Friday night, I guess I was still a bit sleepy after we got on the bus to go to our concerts. We weren't traveling that far away, so I didn't want to go lie in my bunk, but I just couldn't hold my eyes open. When that happens, my thing is to grab one of our 'sofa pillows' and hold it so I don't break my neck as we're rollin' down the road. I had no idea that one of my quartet sisters took a picture of my catnap ~ until I received it via e-mail on Monday! I'm honestly not sure which one of those sisters to give credit to for the photography. I do know either Beverly or Rhonda deserve credit for it. But I figured I'd pass it on, anyway. I'm hoping some other pictures will be able to be posted later either here on my blog or at trustquartet.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment